iN My SeArCh FoR HaPPiNeSS...

"We do not realize that LOVE is just a further impetus,
not something that will prevent us going forward.
We do not realize that those who genuinely wish us well
want us to be HAPPY and are prepared
to accompany us on that JOURNEY."
- from "The Alchemist"
by Paulo Coelho

Friday, January 13, 2006

HoPeFuL & ThAnKFuL

It's been a week since I left SB. I have moved back at my parents' in NorCal and started working at my junior college bookstore. Do I miss my life in SB? I do but I have no regrets about the choices I've made in the past months. I'm closer to my family now and we're trying to heal the scars of the past. No amount of money, comfort, or independence, can replace the happiness I'm feeling right now. Maybe the trials we've gone through individually and as a family will be the force that will bring us closer together.

It's nice to be home. It's good to know that at the end of the day, I come home to people who love me. I have misjudged my family before, especially my parents. I moved away thinking that their love for me was conditional. I know better now.

My sister and I have started praying together everyday. And it's good. I look forward to each day. I am hopeful and thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home