iN My SeArCh FoR HaPPiNeSS...

"We do not realize that LOVE is just a further impetus,
not something that will prevent us going forward.
We do not realize that those who genuinely wish us well
want us to be HAPPY and are prepared
to accompany us on that JOURNEY."
- from "The Alchemist"
by Paulo Coelho

Monday, August 28, 2006

BeiNg 29

August 23, 2006

It’s my 29th birthday today. I am grateful for everything that has come my way. I am grateful for my loving and supportive family, my wonderful friends, my great job, my good health, and all the blessings that He has given me in the 29 years of my life. I will not ask for more, just for what’s best. To God is the glory!


Messages from friends:
-- Irene (via text): Hi malago! Hapi bday… musta date mu? Ninung mapalad na papa na abe mu anyang special day mu? Sana maging masaya ka lagi. Luv u. Miss u.
-- Rachel (via text): Happy birthday! Love and hugs from the accounting staff!
-- Lawrence (via text): Happy Birthday!
-- Tito Fed (via text): Keep your light shining by, holding your heart always close to God. Wishing you good health and happiness. Happy birthday!
-- Rich, Yeng, Richi, & Archi (via text): Hapi birthday! Ur not gettin’ any younger kumare. I know ala naka king kalendaryu. Hope you stay happy always. Happy birthday from us!
-- Adrian & Alvin (via text): Happy bday Ating Cathy… be happy always. May you have many more birthdays to come. We miss you. Take care always.
-- Tito Benny & Tita Tess (via text): Happy, happy birthday to you. More blessings to come.
-- Tita Fhel (via text & call): Today is God’s answer to last night’s prayer; to live another day, to recover wasted chances, to forgive and to be forgiving, and to say “Thank you Lord!” Good morning and have a blessed birthday. (She called, too, from the Philippines)
-- Ish (via text): Happy birthday mahal! Tanda mo na!
-- Alicia (via text): Don’t simply thank God for the blessings you receive but thank Him because He has chosen you to be blessed and be a blessing to others. Happy birthday! God bless you more and more.
-- Lorna (via text): Happy birthday Tale! Musta naka? Miss you na. Happy birthday, matwa naka. Lab u. Mwah!
-- Jules (via text): Happy Birthday!
-- Glenda (via text): 8 rules to be happy: 1. never hate, 2. don’t worry, 3. live simply, 4.expect a little, 5. give a lot, 6. always smile, 7. live with love, and 8. best of all, be with God. Happy b-day Mare. Love u!
-- Janine, Paolo, & Alyssa (via text): Happy birthday Ating Cathy! May you have many more birthdays to come. God bless you and take care.
-- Mary (via greeting card): Happy birthday to my best caregiver ever. Thank you for everything.
-- Ate Rho gave me a foot spa gift set, and we went to dinner with some of our co-workers at Buffet City. The food was great, and we had a wonderful time.
-- George called me from Korea, and I was so surprised. He’s been one of my good friends since high school. I felt very happy to receive a phone call from him. We haven’t seen each other since I visited the Philippines in May 2003.
-- James (via MySpace): Happy Birthday Catherine. Have a wonderful day today. Take care.
-- Lauren (via MySpace): Hey Cathy! I miss you. Happy birthday! I hope it is the best one yet.
-- Rachel (via MySpace): Happy birthday Cathy! Hope you are having an awesome day.
-- Bee (via MySpace): So I saw the little birthday hat under your picture. Happy birthday! Are you working today? You are huh?
-- Jeni (via Friendster): Ating Cath, advance happy birthday. Amiss kuna ing makipag-kwento keka.
-- Jonathan (via Friendster): Belated happy birthday Ating Cathy!
-- Cincin (via Friendster): Hi Cath! Happy birthday! Getting older, are we, okay lang basta young at heart. Anyways, I wish you all the best and good health. Take care.
-- Tet (via Friendster): Happy birthday! Wishing you the best. You deserve it. God bless.
-- Kuya Romeo (via Friendster): Happy birthday!
--Carlo (via Friendster): Happy birthday! Wishing you more blessings and good health.
-- Glenda (via Friendster): Happy, happy 29th birthday! Sana matupad ngan ning wishes mu lalo na king lovelife mu (pwede pakiabe mu kami rin?...hehehehe). Sana din datang ne ing prince mu. Lav u!...mwah!!!

-- Angelo (via E-card): Belated happy birthday... wishing you good health, happiness, and success in life.

-- And the best I have received was from my little sister, Timi (via greeting card): Happy birthday! I want to thank you for everything. I don't think I'll meet anyone as understanding as you. I know I'm a hard person to put up with, so thank you for being patient with me. Tou've been there for my triumphs and failures, to wipe away my tears and laugh with me, but especially to encourage me to do my best. I can't thank you enough. I will do my best to make you and Ma proud. I promise. And I do hope that everything you dream and wish for comes true, because if anyone in this world deserves to be happy, it is you. Thank you for being my best friend and inspiration. Happy birthday. I love you very much. [with her permission].


My birthday wish: To enjoy life, live well, learn and inspire more, and be able to fall in love with someone who will love me tirelessly, stand by me, and stay with me thru it all. Oh, and yeah, to lose some weight! LoL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home