iN My SeArCh FoR HaPPiNeSS...

"We do not realize that LOVE is just a further impetus,
not something that will prevent us going forward.
We do not realize that those who genuinely wish us well
want us to be HAPPY and are prepared
to accompany us on that JOURNEY."
- from "The Alchemist"
by Paulo Coelho

Monday, August 28, 2006

aLmOsT 29

August 20, 2006

I am turning 29 in 3 days. I have mix feelings about it --- happy, sad, depress, hopeful, stressed-out, excited --- and the list goes on. I know we all get older, as we do every year, but for some reason, I never imagined it coming to me. It's not because I don't want to get older, it's because I always have this feeling of not having done enough or what's best. Sometimes when I look around me, I feel that I have not accomplished as much as I should have for my age. I always have that feeling that I could have done more, looked better, traveled farther, read more, wrote more, etc. Regrets --- there’s always something to regret about in life. But I appreciate the fact that I am blessed. I have always been blessed.

As the wise says, do your best and there will be no room for regrets. We should only compete with ourselves, and no one else. Each one of us goes through a completely different life, and we will never know how to be in somebody else's shoe. We should only look at another person's life to give us inspiration and not to feel inferior or superior to them.

So what do I aspire to do? To always do my best, and become a better person everyday. And most importantly, to always have faith in Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home