iN My SeArCh FoR HaPPiNeSS...

"We do not realize that LOVE is just a further impetus,
not something that will prevent us going forward.
We do not realize that those who genuinely wish us well
want us to be HAPPY and are prepared
to accompany us on that JOURNEY."
- from "The Alchemist"
by Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

WoRdS oF WiSdOm

  • Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage. -Anais Nin
  • Let me listen to me and not to them. -Gertrude Stein
  • Our deeds determine us, as much as we determine our deeds. -George Eliot
  • My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. -Diane Arbus
  • Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. -Marie Curie
  • You can't test courage cautiously. -Annie Dillard
  • Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there's love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong. -Ella Fitzgerald
  • From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover you have wings. -Helen Hayes
  • Life can be wildly tragic at times, and I've had my share. But whatever happens to you, you have to keep a slightly comic attitude. In the final analysis, you have got not to forget to laugh. -Katherine Hepburn
  • Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got. -Janis Joplin
  • What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. -Mother Teresa
  • Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. -Marie Curie
  • No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt
  • I am not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship. -Louisa May Alcott
  • Where there is great love there are always miracles. -Willa Cather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home