iN My SeArCh FoR HaPPiNeSS...

"We do not realize that LOVE is just a further impetus,
not something that will prevent us going forward.
We do not realize that those who genuinely wish us well
want us to be HAPPY and are prepared
to accompany us on that JOURNEY."
- from "The Alchemist"
by Paulo Coelho

Thursday, March 23, 2006

"iN ThE SpiRiT"

I came across an inspiring column called "In The Spirit" written by Susan Taylor, Editorial Director of Essence, on the said magazine's March 2006 issue. Here's an excerpt of what she wrote (hope it inspires you, too):

"... every crisis is a call from God --- a summons to deep reflection, life-changing decision-making and commitment to spiritual practice... One of the joys in growing older is gaining the wisdom and confidence to heed the call of your soul --- before life slaps you upside the head again and again..."

"... whisper these few promises to your soul in the quiet of each morning --- or create your own affirmations. This will create a sacred space for healing and inner cheering. It will help you honor the perfection God made and find and follow the divine-right path life has prepared for you:
  • I promise myself to live by the authority of my own soul today and to practice being my own best friend and motivator. I promise to speak to myself kindly and to give myself the attention and nourishment I need. I promise to remember that other's opinions, judgements and deeds can't diminish me. I promise not to hide out or play it safe, but to bring my open heart and Master mind to each moment with confidence. I promise to believe in myself and in the genius of my people.
  • I promise myself to live this day with joy and enthusiasm, to allow only love and light to flow through me no matter who or what life sends my way. Everywhere I look I will see beauty and possibility, and I let my light shine in service to my people, giving joyfully from a full cup.
  • I promise myself to remember that every circumstance is a pathway to God, that every crisis is temporary and lasts not a moment longer than it takes for me to surrender it to God and ask for a divine solution.
  • I promise myself to remain faithfully aware that God is always here, with and within me. That no matter what the question, God is the answer. No matter what the need, God is the fulfillment. I promise myself to remember."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home