iN My SeArCh FoR HaPPiNeSS...

"We do not realize that LOVE is just a further impetus,
not something that will prevent us going forward.
We do not realize that those who genuinely wish us well
want us to be HAPPY and are prepared
to accompany us on that JOURNEY."
- from "The Alchemist"
by Paulo Coelho

Sunday, December 04, 2005

aOi uSaGi

Sometime in 1996, I encountered this Japanese soap opera (with English subtitle) on the International channel here in the US. It was one of the best love stories I have ever seen and it has remained one of my favorites up till now. The title is "Heaven's Coins (Hoshi No Kinka)" and it's the story of a deaf and mute girl named Aya, and her undying love for Shuichi. The two of them met and fell in love in a little town where Aya works at a local clinic, and Shuichi, a doctor, came to work when he got disillusioned with his manipulative family. Before Shuichi went back to Tokyo, he promised Aya that he will come back for her and marry her. Unfortunately, he met an accident on his way to Tokyo and lost his memory. After waiting for Shuichi's return for sometime, Aya went to Tokyo in search of him. There he meets Takumi, Shuichi's brother, who saved her from an accident and instantly fell in love with her. Takumi brought Aya to the hospital that his family owns, and there Aya found the love of her life, Shuichi, who was battling amnesia. Aya worked at the hospital as a nurse with Takumi's help, but without his knowledge, Aya only worked there to be close to Shuichi and help him bring back his memory. And the rest is a beautiful, inspiring story about love... true, unconditional, and undying. It showed the many facets of love and loving and the sacrifices that people make to express it.

I so wish that I can find a DVD copy of Heaven's Coins (all 3 seasons) and with English subtitle, of course. Then I would be so happy. I just don't know where to find it.

(UPDATE: I found them on E-bay... finally! I'm so happy)
Here's the love theme from the first season...
performed by Sakai Noriko (Aya).
AOI USAGI
(Japanese Lyrics)
ato dore kurai setsunakunareba
anata no koe ga kikoeru kashira
nanigenai kotoba o hitomi awasete tada shizuka ni
kawaseru dake de ii hoka ni wa nanni mo iranai
aoi usagi zutto matteru hitorikiri de furuenagara
sabishisugite shinde shimau wa haiyaku atatamete hoshii
ato dore kurai kizutsuita nara
anata ni tadoritsukeru no kashira
araitate no shatsu no nioi ni daki sukumeraretara
itami mo kanashimi mo subete ga nagarete kieru wa
aoi usagi naite iru no yo sou anata ni kikoeru you ni
tatoe zutto todokanakute mo eien ni aishite iru wa
aoi usagi sora o kaketeku kokoro terasu hikaru hanachi
ai no hana ni yume o furimaki ashita e to AH...
aoi usagi inori tsuzukeru doko ka ni iru anata no tame
ima no futari sukueru mono wa kitto shinjitsu dake dakara
(English Translation)
I wonder how much more suffering I can take
And still hear your voice
It would be nice if we could exchange
Simple words in silence
With but a glance
I'd want nothing more
This blue bunny has been shivering for so long
While waiting for you all alone
If I get too lonely, I'll die
Won't you hurry and warm me up
I wonder how much more pain I can take
And still keep following after you
When I indulge in the smell
Of your freshly washed shirts
The pain and the sadness
Are all washed away
This blue bunny is crying, you know
Trying to make you hear me
Even if you never realize it
I'll love you forever
This blue bunny is flying
Through the sky towards tomorrow
Radiating a light shining from my heart
And sprinkling dreams on the flowers of love
This blue bunny is somewhere
Still praying for your sake
Because the only thing that can save us now
Is the truth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home