iN My SeArCh FoR HaPPiNeSS...

"We do not realize that LOVE is just a further impetus,
not something that will prevent us going forward.
We do not realize that those who genuinely wish us well
want us to be HAPPY and are prepared
to accompany us on that JOURNEY."
- from "The Alchemist"
by Paulo Coelho

Friday, October 14, 2005

aLL iS FaiR iN LoVe aNd WaR

This was a comment left on my friend's blog. It was written by a certain "May"... and I hope she won't mind me quoting her words on my blog. As I read what she wrote, I just knew that these were words I would want to remember forever... they were those of a very mature person who has probably been through so much heartache and yet kept a clear, sincere, and optimistic understanding of love. "Thank you for your words that have inspired me, May... again, I hope you don't mind me quoting you as I don't have a way of asking for your permission at this time."
"They say 'all is fair in love and war', but in reality nothing is fair in love. It makes you fall hard, and when you fall no one is there to catch you and you end up tending your own wounds. It teases your heart to come out and embrace love openly even if love does not want to settle in your arms. It gives you such wonderful, heavenly, pleasant feelings...but the next day it gives you excruciating pain. Love cannot be fair when it is indifferent to the longings of a lovesick heart. But though love is unfair, it can sometimes change the course of destiny to favor the desires of your heart. If you keep your heart open, and never lose hope, one day--at the time you least expect--love will find you and make you a bargain you just cannot refuse. It will give you a wonderful chance to love and although it may not be the love that you desire, it is a love that will capture your heart and promise you forever. A love that will stay when others have left...a love that will pick up the pieces of your broken heart and make you whole again...a love that will defy every obstacle just to be with you and make you happy. Therefore never lose hope on love. Believe in the power of love and on the miracles that it is capable of creating. I can say this because I, too, almost lost hope on love. I, too, almost gave up on love, almost resigned to my fate as someone who is always loving but never being loved in return. When you finally find the person that you are destined to spend the rest of your life with--you will cry one last time--and this time it will not be for the pain in your heart but for all the years wasted searching for each other's arms."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home