iN My SeArCh FoR HaPPiNeSS...

"We do not realize that LOVE is just a further impetus,
not something that will prevent us going forward.
We do not realize that those who genuinely wish us well
want us to be HAPPY and are prepared
to accompany us on that JOURNEY."
- from "The Alchemist"
by Paulo Coelho

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Thankful...

Eversince Oprah published her very own O Magazine, I have been a loyal subscriber. It has been my ritual to read the very last page before anthything else. Miss O calls it "What I Know for Sure"... where she writes her thoughts about life, the lessons she's learned, and other really meaningful and inspiring topics. One I'll always remember was written sometime in 2002. Oprah says that we should write a list of at least five things we're thankful for each day. She believes that it is when we are thankful that we become more blessed. Here's a list of the things/people I'm thankful for today...

  • blogspot --- for providing free blog sites
  • bloggers --- most especially to the ones on my list of favorites. I learn so much from them.
  • for having several seasonal part-time jobs apart from my full-time job that I truly enjoy.
  • for the wonderful korean bbq dinner i just had... yummy!
  • the little booklet of compilation of "What I Know for Sure" articles included on the 5th year anniversary issue of O.
  • the first person who left a comment on my blog, which I just started this morning. Joe, thank you for being the first. Hope to visit your blog soon (if you provide me the address, of course).
  • the beautiful day here on my beachside town... although I was indoor and asleep for most of the day since i worked from midnight till 8am last night.
  • thankful for great friends from way back in high school and elementary. I do miss them so much since we're miles apart.
  • thankful for the family I have. Too much drama at times but that's just how it is. We all learn from each other I hope.

LIFE'S LESSON: Be thankful... for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home